Friday, June 15, 2007

A Childhood Summer Day

A typical summer day from my childhood? I always remember it being hot. We lived in Florida, in a trailer, and never had air-conditioning. So, we always did things to stay cool. I would usually sleep late (because I would stay up late at night after it got cooler); it would sometimes even be noon before I got up. By then, it would be really warm, so I would go sit on the front screened-in porch & read, until we just couldn't stand it any longer. Then, we would head to a cool place, like the library, the pool, the mall, the movies, or a restaurant. We would return home in time to eat supper, just as the sun was starting to go down. At that point, we knew it would be getting cooler & we would make it. It was a vicious circle, day after day - but it really makes me appreciate the AC and home that I have today!!

No comments: