Saturday, June 19, 2010

All it takes is a little...

Courage - this week, my daughter & I had an interesting conversation regarding courage. It all stems from the theme for our VBS this week, which was Becoming Fearless. My daughter is somewhat of a scaredy cat, so I am glad that we got to approach the subject, and from the look in her eyes, I think she actually got it!! The layout itself is based on a sketch from PageMaps, and I used some of my all time favorite papers (and I still have 3 sheets left - enough to make another layout!!) May everyone have a little extra courage today! My journaling reads: At VBS this week, one of the crafts you made was a "Courage " bracelet. While talking about the craft, you asked what courage meant. It was hard to put into words that I thought you could understand, but I told you it was doing something that was hard, but making yourself do it, like walking into a room full of people you don't know, but making yourself do it because you can. Then, we had a great discussion about things we do daily that take courage. In the words of Walt Disney, "All our dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." May you always have the courage to dream BIG!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

This is lovely and well worth the several month wait.