Friday, August 15, 2008

40% Trouble


Here is my latest layout for the Summer of Scraplovin' Challenge #5 over at www.scraplove.com. The title is 40% Trouble!! I really like how it turned out - it was fun...no pressure on this one. The challenge was polka dots & a picture inspiration. My inspiration was the "ground" on the original picture, but I put mine on the side, and I included the swirls & funky dots on it. I was also inspired by the leaf "poofs" on the original picture, and tried to recreate it with wire. I loved the original colors & used pink, lime green & brown from it. Finally I added some traditional polka dots using paint & the end of a paint brush (one of my favorite things to do...). The title comes from my DD's shirt which says 60% Angel, 40% Trouble. It was actually her first day of 2nd grade (although this layout isn't about that, I'll do a different one on that later). The smilie face on the exclamation points was inspired by my DD - she likes to do that when she is creating. TFL!!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

You know I am scrap-book challenged but I so love looking at your creativity and especially this one. Perhaps it reminded me of my hippie days with the funky circles and colors. You give me great ideas. thanks