Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New Couch

I'm glad that I like this layout because...it took me 3 hours!!  (Not including the journaling.)  Not even kidding.  And not because I struggled with the layout, but because I kept getting distracted.  I was at a crop with a friend, and there were things to eat, shopping to do, news to catch up on...everything else but scrapping.  That was fit in between all these other things.  But, I do love how it turned out, and thanks to PageMaps, who gave us a cool challenge, and helped me complete my page.  I usually use a sketch with each page - that is nothing different.  But this challenge asked us to use something creative in place of the flowery embellishments that were shown in the original sketch.  So, I did.  I used tags, a heart, and enamel gems.
The journaling says, "After 20+ years of having the same couch, we were finally able to replace it w/ a brand new one!  We looked all around until I finally saw it & knew it was THE one.  So comfy & soft!  July 2012".

No comments: